Monday, April 19, 2010

Would you like some Wine with that Cheese?

Somedays, all I want is to sit on the couch, with a wine and cheese plate, and watch law and order. Today was not quite one of those days, but I wanted to share with you my favorite red wine.

Van Duzer Pinot Noir

This is also Beau's favorite wine. It is listed here as $30 a bottle. When it was first in town, about 2 years ago, I could not find it for less than $37 a bottle, and that's steep for wine at home. But I have found the Holy Grail....Costco has it for $19.99. Seriously! I always know my Costco bill will be at least $40 more because I always get 2 bottles or more when I am there. It is seriously NECTAR OF THE GODS. Try it!
http://www.vanduzer.com/

And I enjoy the Corks and Caftans peruse, and I am so jealous of their recent trip to Oregon. I must go!

on another price note, I have been drinking like a camel Fish Eye Pinot Grigio in a box. hahaha! 4 bottles in the box, $16.49 at Walmart. Love it! Crisp and refreshing, very light! Great balance of acidity. And for those coupon clippers, I don't have any, but its only $4.12 per bottle!

Back to the Wine and Cheese- The Grotto makes an exceptional cheese plate. I ALWAYS get Humbolt Fog, and I love other cheeses like: Goat cheeses, Brie, Manchengo, Vermont Cheddars. To go with these, you need some kind of meat. I often get a black-pepper crusted salami, or something like that. The guys at Grassroots know me as the peppered salami and humbolt fog girl. And you need thinly sliced apples, walnuts or another nut (and I didn't mean me), dried apricots, olives maybe, crusty bread, yum!

Happy Whining.Wine-ing!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment