Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dinner Roll - April 25th - May 1, 2010

So I have not posted my dinner plans for this week yet. Why, well, I was too lazy to do it on Sunday. Monday night, Beau and I had dinner with some friends of his. And after dinner, as we sat around eating icecream, strawberries and girl scout cookies, I noticed a magazine called Clean Eating.

K shared that Clean Eating is her favorite magazine and when she had her baby almost 2 years ago, she had trouble getting the last few baby pounds off. So she started eating clean, and the weight came off, and it has stayed off. And she is pregnant now, and looks amazing!(probably does not hurt that she actually likes to exercise) but anyway.....

I started clean eating last night:
http://cleaneatingmag.com/MiniSite/downloads/7day_mealplan.pdf

Now some of this sounds weird, like egg whites with cottage cheese. no thanks, but others sound great. and i think the key here is eating often to keep the metabolism up. So i am trying to re-learn how to eat good. Like instead of Cheezits, eat triscuits with cheese. Seriously, way better for you. And instead of dipping pita chips in hummus, use carrots and celery with the pita chips to eat less carbs and more veggies.

I made this risotto last night. It was very good, but risotto takes a lot of stirring....
http://cleaneatingmag.com/MiniSite/downloads/1_risotto.pdf


Wednesday:
Breakfast: Two Hard Boiled Egg Whites, yogurt with peaches, and coffee.
Snack: Kashi Crunch Bar
Lunch: Risotto and salad
Snack: Baby Bell Light cheese wheel and triscuits
Dinner: Mahi Mahi (Beau caught it Saturday) with salsa and black beans with brown rice, and arugula salad (I will modify it, I am sure, when I get home).
Snack: Dark Chocolate and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment