Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm a weirdo

Okay, so I like to watch Law & Order. All of them. any of them. I could have seen the episode 11 times and I still want to watch it. I also really like to drink wine from a box. Not any of that Franzia crap, the good stuff. You know, Target-brand, FishEye pinot grigio, like I said, the good stuff. And when I creep myself out because I watch a Criminal Minds instead of L&O, I find the best thing to do is weild a knife in the kitchen and make something.

So what is a better pair than a weird-o like me drinking boxed wine and being creeped out by my favorite TV show, and a weird veggie that I am going to cook? Dude? I don't know!

Here's the weird veggie I got in my bin last night.
Kohlrabi.

Here's what I am going to do with it.
INGREDIENTS:
2 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, minced salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons grated
Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Cut the kohlrabi into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each of the slices in half. Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss kohlrabi slices in the olive oil mixture to coat. Spread kohlrabi in a single layer on a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in order to brown evenly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven to allow the Parmesan cheese to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.



And it some creepy person tries to come in while I am cooking, remember I am wielding a knife.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment