Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pez Vela Lady Anglers Fishing Trip

So after a hard week of hanging at the hospital, I went fishing yesterday.

Grams has been released from the hospital and is at Brooks rehab. Man it is going to be BAD to get old. Uggh....two pinched nerves in her back giving her tons of pain. :(
Mom was released from the hospital yesterday. I still haven't gotten the full story on the issue, I guess just diverticulitis with an infection of the colon, but still not a great time, and she has to get well before mom and dad's trip to the Galapagos....

Okay, fishing photos. First off, the men were NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN TOUCH the rods, or the fish would be disqualified....it was HARD work!!!

I failed to get a picture, but the day started out in a pod of bottle nosed dolphins. There must have been 50 of them! they were jumping and flipping around, and the little ones in the pod kept snapping at our lures, setting the lines off screaming so we ladies would reel it in to realize it was the stupid porpoises having fun with our spread. (Marlin and other big fish often hang with the bottle noses, so we hung with the pod for 20 minutes or so, then went off to the next spot. the dolphins did find us again, and we played with them getting them to jump and do tricks with the naked skirts(ie no hooks in the lures) fun to watch but didn't land us any fish in the boat...)

28 lb mahi mahi. the other Allison reeled this baby in, a little jealous she got it because it would have been my biggest dolphin to date, but super pumped to get this big of a fish on board, so happy to have her do such a spectacular job reeling him in....

This one was about 17 lb, not a bad catch, and a great dinner as well.
Our chariot for the day. a 36 foot custom Topaz, complete with comfy air conditioned cabin, full bath and kitchen, and we had a 4 year old on board watching Ice Age, finding nemo, etc all day. she was such a little angel. I do not know how I didn't get a picture of her. She sat with me the whole ride home as I drove the Pez Vela. (what a FUN boat to drive!!)

We got a Baker's dozen....12 phins and 1 blackfin tuna. What a great day out at the Ledge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment