Monday, March 12, 2012

Makeup Reviews

I'm a makeup kind of girl. I wear it every day. Even if i am just lounging in my PJs or leggings and a tunic, I am wearing some sort of makeup. One thing I could never be without is chapstick/lipstick/lip balm. Are you like that? And I really like SPF in my stuff, cause who wants age spots on their lips? Even if I spend the entire day inside.

Which leads me to my product reviews:
Maybelline Baby Lips (creepy name) vs. Revlon Lip Butter (much less creepy name and I am obsessed with butter)



Maybelline Baby Lips was the first one I purchased and I was pleased with the price - $7.50 or so for a tube, it was a grape color (020 Grape Vine), but since it went on sheer, it was a nice color on my face. It had a grapey taste, smooth feeling that didn't get sticky or cake up, and it has SPF 20 in it. I think I have lost it, so I am super sad because I had to make a special trip to Ulta just to buy it.




Revlon Lip Butter was my second purchase (approximately the same price as the Baby Lips) and I got two because of the CVS sale and coupon I had (Raspberry Pie and Sugar Plum). Plus, Emma Stone sure does look cute in their ads. However, this is lacking SPF. Boo! And it doesn't have a sweet taste/smell (but it doesn't taste or smell gross). It feels good going on but after about an hour, it feels a little dry. The color is more saturated, so I would consider this more of a lipstick and less of a lip balm.

So the creepy named Baby Lips has won it in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment