Friday, June 15, 2012

Product Review: latest CVS raid

So I had a $5 off your purchase of $15 and a 25% off coupon for CVS that expired last night. So what did I do? I made a list of things I need...
Bleach
Lint roller
card for a baby shower
random

(It's usually the random that gets me in trouble)

What did I buy? I got Burt's Bees Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm. I've heard it is nice, and I have been trying all the colored lip balms and butters out there, so I thought I would try this one. It said $4.99 as the price under where the tinted lip balms were, but its really $6.99. Oh well.


So here is my review...it feels very nice on your lips. It doesn't get sticky or goopy, or leave a weird film in random spots. It has very little color, but just enough to not look like you are dead. ;) The downside. It tastes a little beeswaxy/shea buttery overload. You don't really notice unless you lick your lips often, so keep that in mind.

What else did I get? I got the mini spin pins (don't bother, the big spin pins are much better. Who really wants to make little tiny buns on their head?). A card, an Almay liquid liner eye pencil in black that was marked 75% off, down to $1.99 and I had a $3 off Almay coupon, so I made money on that deal. (too bad it didn't make up for my bad spin pin purchase). A lint roller. Some carmex body lotion that was marked down to $3. And I forgot the bleach...I guess my shower grout will stay stained until the next CVS trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment