Friday, May 6, 2011

Quick, cheap snack

So it is a typical afternoon for me, starving but it's not dinner time. So I whip up this quick and easy snack that was really cheap too, and I would think healthy!

2 comments:

  1. well it would be helpful if you would pass on exactly WHAT your healthy snack is
    :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I did this from my phone and the recipe didn't transfer

    1 can black beans rinsed
    2 small campari tomatoes, diced
    1 tablespoon or so of olive oil
    a pinch of each:
    cumin
    cayenne pepper
    dried cilantro
    garlic powder
    salt
    pepper

    my food processor is out of commission making bread, so I poured 3/4 of the beans in my mortar and pestal and ground those up, then mixed the olive oil and spices in my serving dish(a super fancy gladware container) poured in the whole beans, tomatoes and smashed beans. Ate it with Triscuits.

    And it ended up being my dinner as well, except by dinner time, I took stale tortillas i had in the cheese drawer of my fridge, i brushed with olive oil and garlic salt and baked until crispy. yummy!

    ReplyDelete