So today is Thursday. Which means I have another box of veggies coming. It seems like I didn't make a dent in last weeks box?! Why, you might ask? Well, hard-headed me wanted lights on my ceiling fans. So I spent half of Sunday installing that. I had to go to the store to buy wirestrippers, electrical tape, and wire caps, but I got it working. (Dad did come over last night and thinks the fan is crooked. we determined its the ceiling that is crooked and another beer fixes it all). #2 reason is I broke my kitchen sink. It is debilitating to a cook to not have a kitchen sink that works. Somehow I clogged the garbage disposal (except the clog was in the pipe between the garbage disposals and the U-shaped piece that connects to the other side and then it all drains out. So I would have one side drain and then back up into the other side. And I could run the dishwasher because I think that all drains through the same pipe too.) So that was a hinderance on the cooking. Plus I caught a cold and felt crummy. The sink is back up and running, so i have full reign of the kitchen to tackle the veggies this week.
I did make the chicken posole soup last night, less the chicken, and it was very yummy. I just added extra avocado to supplement the lack of meat in the dish. Yum yum (with a skinny girl margarita and a distrubing Criminal Minds).
What is everyone going to be for Halloween? I am dressing like a witch for work tomorrow. Spooky! I'll share pictures if I can. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment