So I believe everything I read when it comes to products. But my face seems to hate me and continues to live in High School. Therefore, I turned to my friend, Dr. Jason Meier, a fabulous plastic surgeon in town, to get my face in shape.
www.meierplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgeon.htm
(he is 38 and he hasn't had a face lift, he doesn't do botox or fillers (although he isn't against it) but he started using the anti-aging Obagi system 8 to 10 years ago, and uses it religiously. And he wears a lot of sunscreen. He is my kind of man! And Beau plays poker with him, and occasionally fishes....)
we will see how it goes.
http://www.obagi.com/Homepage.aspx
I'm doing the Cleanziderm or whatever is for Acne, but if it really works for me, and I like it, I will move to the anti-aging stuff once my face graduates from high school. And its not super expensive. I get a discount being a friend, so its $110 for a 2-3 month supply (its a wash, toner, and serum). And Jason looked over all my products and told me what's good and what's not and where to save money, and where to spend it. And he said the Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 75 or higher is perfect for face and body.
Also, he did a test on my skin to see how my skin relates to others my age. My pores and skin texture were off the charts excellent at 97% and 98%. The other stuff was pretty average, in the 70's and 80's, but then skin damage, that was 26%!!! 26%?!?! Are you serious?! I never tan!!! That means I have tons of sun damage. Aggghhhh!!! And you know what else?! The $65 Giorgio Armani foundation, or the $24.50 Aloette oil-free for acne prone skin, or the $25 Bare Minerals foundation without anything to make your skin break-out...know what?! If it does not say "non comedogenic" - don't buy it, don't use it, it is likely making you break out!! Seriously, since I have switched to the Obagi system, and to the non comedogenic Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30
http://www.eucerinus.com/products/face_eplotion.html
($12)and the Borghese for Kirkland (Costco) foundation and powder, both non comedogenic, (and comes with a concealer in three shades that is not non comedogenic, so I only use it under the eyes for $15 although the website says its $21.99
http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11330030&whse=bc&Ne=4000000&eCat=bc%7C62775%7C53707&N=4043638&Mo=8&pos=3&No=4&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=53707&Ns=P_Price%7C1%7C%7CP_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC12945-Cat62775&topnav="
I have only had ONE NEW breakout!!! Seriously. I SWEAR!!! (and I've been using the system for over 30 days. Seriously, 30 days, people!)
PS- If anyone can tell me how to use the HTML link so my links to websites actually work, that would be dandy!
No comments:
Post a Comment